Honey Oatmeal Bread
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup unsalted butter
5 1/2-6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons salt
2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
For top of crust:
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1. Place water, honey, and margarine in small saucepan. Heat over low heat until mixture is very warm (120-130°F).
2. Place 5 cups flour, oats, salt and yeast in mixer bowl. Mix with dough hook on speed 2 (low) about 15 seconds.
3. Continue mixing, gradually adding warm water mixture and mix for 1 minute. Add eggs and mix 1 minute longer.
4. Still on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix about 2 minutes, or until dough clings to hook and cleans side of bowl. Knead on speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.
5. Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover with damp towel or plastic wrap.
6. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled.
7. Punch dough down and divide in half. Roll each half with rolling pan on floured board into a rectangle and roll up from the short end like a jelly roll. Tuck in the ends.
8. Place each loaf seam side down into greased loaf pans. Beat egg white and water together with a fork. Brush top of loaves with mixture, and sprinkle with oatmeal. Let rise 20-30 minutes.
9. Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.