2.26.2009

there's been some sewing going on...

and lucy has a heck of a lot of diapers to show for all of my work...




















well, they actually haven't all been for lucy. many of the diapers that have vintage embroidery on the rear were done for others, either as trades or as gifts. but all the sewing has taught me quite a bit--i'm considering opening up an etsy shop soon. my good, diaper-sewing friend molly and i split the cost of a snap press and are in the process of learning how to work her serger--nothing bad can come from this--we are on the path to diaper-making greatness!
i realize that i haven't posted much lately regarding our cloth diapers. well, in addition to sewing a whole stash worth of diapers, we've also tried some new brands. i'll be posting reviews of each in coming days, along with an update on our wash routine, our continued love affair with wool, and some other cloth-related topics.

for now, i'll leave you with a laundry day photo--this is 3 days worth of diapers (and therefore only a third of our stash... yikes!)



5 comments:

Katie said...

I absolutely love your diapers! 2 questions... how much do you charge? And, what pattern do you use for your cds? I so want to learn how to do this! Great Job!
~kiliwicket

Megan said...

Open an etsy shop! We'll keep you in business. I love all of your fabrics on the new dipes! :)
-MeganBrian

Shanea said...

I second the etsy shop recommendation! Great job...I really love the diaper with the birdie. Awesome,just plain awesome!!!

Jen said...

Love Love Love the bluebird diaper!

Emily said...

I wish I had your sewing abilities! Actually, I wish I had any sewing ability! If you opened up an etsy shop, I would undoubtedly buy from you . . . at least when I have a baby.