12.18.2010

a timely find...

i stumbled across this set of vintage tom and jerry mugs at the thrift store this week and had to bring them home. i'm not much in the way of switching out dishes for christmas, but for these cuties i couldn't resist. the best part is that the tag told me they'd been there since mid-february. this is a thrift store that i visit pretty much weekly--how is it that they'd been hiding from me for so long? seven mugs for $2.50. not too shabby, i say! now somebody pass the eggnog.

1 comment:

canoeingmom said...

I have seen these mugs and punch bowls alot and I always thought there was a drink called "Tom and Jerry". I have always wanted to buy a set and make the origional drink that went with it, but have never been able to find the drink. Do you know the history behind it or was it just egg nog and they called it Tom and Jerry???